[oak perl] New Member

Craig McLaughlin cpm at bitbucket.com
Wed Apr 30 17:23:24 CDT 2003

Greetings --

I'm obeying the direction on the web page to introduce myself.  It's
rare for me to obey directions without question, so enjoy it. :)

Name: Craig McLaughlin
Occupation: Currently Engaged But Unpaid Serial Entrepreneur
Perlishness: Moderate
Location: Dublin
Current Status: Slouching In My Chair

Obviously, not the type of thing to put on the website, should it ever
come to the point where Those In Charge feel they wish to be publicly
associated with me... I suppose I can come up with that later.

Anyway, I've been using perl since... '94?  '95?  Something like that.
I've written many, many, little scriptlets, and a few really big
projects in perl (did my last company in perl, for example).

Interests include digital video, distributed systems, privacy &
security, and perl (obviously).

Things I seem to know a lot about in perl: date processing.  Weird, huh?

Things I'd like to know a whole lot more about in perl (but have been
too lazy to research up 'til now): PERL COMPILING!, extending perl. :)

Current Projects in Perl: working on a distributed content-addressable
network with nntp, http, and smtp front-ends.  No particular reason,
it's just something to do...

Okay, I'll shut up now.  :)

Cheers,
--Craig

PS: Tried, but failed to get onto the PBML because dnsrbl.net seems to
thing my 7-year-old statically IP'd DSL line is a DUN.  <sigh>