[oak perl] Introduction

David Alban extasia at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 28 10:12:01 CST 2002

At 2002/11/28/03:11 -0800 M. Lewis <cajun at cajuninc.com> wrote:
> Hi David. Nice to meet up with you. You sound like my kind of guy. If
> you check the archives, my intro is there a few days ago. Basically,
> primarily Linux, Sys Admin, use Perl for parsing logs, making my life
> easier. I don't know OO either.

I try to make the case to managers that there are a huge number of
user and system related problems/issues whose solutions cannot be
addressed by shrink wrapped software.  And in the cases where a
shrink wrapped solution does address an issue, it's like using a jack
hammer to install a picture hanger.  Many times, a very expensive jack
hammer. :-)

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
                                 ***