[oak perl] Ambassadors

David Alban extasia at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 27 21:57:07 CST 2002

At 2002/11/26/00:06 -0800 George Woolley <george at metaart.org> wrote:
> David A.,
> Are there any areas or cities that you'd like to take on?
> Let me, or all of us, know.      -- George

Hmmm, I'm on the D.C. list.  Maybe I could try being the D.C.
Ambassador...

Initially bothered by the lack of definition of an ambassadors duties, I
figured I had the wrong attitude.  So, O.K.  Here are some ideas.

. Ask the "foreign" group what works for them.  Both with regard to
  their mailing list and their meetings/other activities.  Report
  back to opug.

. Encourage members of the foreign group to post on opug (that's
  what I call this list :-)  "Introduction" style posts would be
  welcome, too.  Kind of like being an exchange student...

. Ask the foreign group if it's O.K. for opug folks to occasionally
  post on the foreign list.  (Assuming lack of language issues.)

. Ask the foreign group what the job situation is in their neck of
  the woods.  Report back to opug.

Just some ideas.  That's all I can come up with at the moment.  Maybe
opug folk could suggest more?

Oh, and I would say, don't "push" the foreign group.  Pace your
posts/contact so that they don't perceive you as pushy or get pissed
at you 'cause you're an uppity guest.

David
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
                                 ***