[oak perl] Ambassadors

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Tue Nov 26 02:06:22 CST 2002

All,
Unless there are significant objections to having Ambassadors,
I'll go ahead with it.
So, any objections?

So what's an ambassador in this context?
I'm thinking of a (Perl) ambassador for our group as someone
who makes and/or strengthens connections with Perl groups/users
in the country or area they are ambassador to.
In my opinion, it's not essential they know much Perl.

And what's such an ambassador do?
This is largely up to you, i.e. the ambassador.
But I suppose make connections with at least some of the Perl groups
(or if there are no groups, with individual Perl users)
in your area or city.
Beyond that I don't know.
Whatever is enjoyable.
(And you define enjoyable.)

Now, would be a good time to say,
yes, you'd like to be Ambassador for the area I mentioned you for.
Or to make an alternate suggestion.
(Or to say no.)
    -- George

David A.,
Are there any areas or cities that you'd like to take on?
Let me, or all of us, know.      -- George

Anyone not listed on the earlier list,
if you are interested in being an Ambassador,
Let me know.                  -- George