[oak perl] "Natural" Languages

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Mon Nov 25 17:33:02 CST 2002

George Woolley wrote:

> Hm, Belden mentions Chinese in his recent post.
> Anyone know any other "natural" languages (i.e. besides English)
> well enough they can understand some of the Perl Mongers sites
> around the world containing them?

I grok Chinese and Spanish. Spanish gives me a toe-hold to
French and Portuguese.

> For example: Taipei.pm site at http://taipei.pm.org
> The October 18 post looks like this to me:
>     PHP, Perl, Python ..., ... Java. Net ..., ..., ... Party ...!
> where the ...s are the language characters
> of which I, unfortunately, am totally ignorant.

They're saying that PHP, Perl, and Python are not
in the Taiwanese "Common Business Terms" dictionary
(or some similar title) - but Java and .NET are.

I looked at the other websites and can follow them,
mostly.

George, why do you ask?