[oak perl] Hello

M. Lewis cajun at cajuninc.com
Sun Nov 24 21:32:38 CST 2002

I joined the Oakland.pm list yesterday. My name is Mike Lewis.

Currently, I work as a Network Engineer / Systems Administrator for a
small company in Emeryville. I also have my own consulting business
where I do computer and network support for a handful of small clients.

I have no formal programming training although I have worked as a
programmer. I've been 'tinkering' with Perl for about 3 years now. I did
attend an "Introduction to Perl" class at UCB Extension a couple of
years ago. I still consider myself very much a beginner at Perl.

At home, I run 100% Linux. At work, I run Linux and unfortunately have
to support Windows so I run Windows at work as well.

My interest in Perl is how I can use Perl to make my life as System
Admin simpler, whether that is analyzing log files, or massaging a
database file.

Thanks George for starting Oakland.pm. I'm looking forward to the next
meeting of Oakland.pm and meeting each of the members.

Thanks,
Mike