[oak perl] Oakland.pm - First meeting

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Thu Nov 21 18:52:57 CST 2002

Oakland.pm had our first meeting this past Tuesday,
19 November, along Grand Avenue in Oakland.

When I say "along Grand Avenue", I mean just that: we
met out on the street, and stood out there for about
45 minutes before deciding it would just be us 3.

Attending were George Wooley (founder of Oakland.pm),
Ken from Walnut Creek (sorry, Ken, I don't know your
last name!), and me. We stood outside the Coffee Mill,
waiting for you (yes, you!), and eventually meandered
into a Starbuck's.

George had a pretty lengthy to-do list for this first
meeting, and we might've gotten to some of the agenda
items were it not for never really pulling it out to
begin with. (Ugh, I wrote that and have no clue what
it means.)

George was trying to pick a day/time of the month
where there are no conflicting meetings. He's
accounting for other area Perlmonger groups (sf.pm,
Ber.pm, SanQuentin.pm) plus various Linux groups.
We decided that the next meeting will take place on
Tuesday, 10 December, starting at 7:30pm and going to
about 9:30pm.

So, with a next meeting time/date decided on, we
figured that we'd meet on the second Tuesday of
each month.

Still, we need a better spot than an ad-hoc "hey, this
place looks warm" location. Ideas, anyone?

Belden