[oak perl] 1st Meeting: 2 questions

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Thu Nov 14 16:30:00 CST 2002

George Woolley wrote:

> On Thursday 14 November 2002 9:46 am, Belden Lyman wrote:
>
>>George Woolley wrote:

>>>Does anything on the list at http://oakland.pm.org/index.html#learn
>>>interest you?
>>>
>>Sure, any of the first 5 looks interesting. How to choose,
>>how to choose...
>>
>>     % perl -e '@r=qw/one_liners regexes hashes unix_filtering
>>     perl_filtering/;print $/,q/show me /,$r[int rand at r-1],$/'
>>
>>     show me one_liners
>>
>>How apt :)
>>
>>Belden
>>

> Very nice one liner. And it works.

*whew* !

> But when I ran it I got
>        show me unix_filtering
>

 > That works well for me.

Unix filtering sounds good to me also. My point in

sending you the one-liner was to let you
randomly choose from the subset of topics that
looked interesting to me.

Of course, if you want to talk about one liners,
run it until it tells you to talk about one liners. :)

> Hey, we can do some one liner Lightning talks.
> Someone can do a deeper talk on one liners later.
> Maybe you.

Okay, that sounds like fun; I'll keep track of the
one-liners that I use over the next few weeks and
see what I come up with that looks interesting.

> It sounds like UNIX filtering would work for you.
> Let me know if I'm wrong.

Not wrong, Unix filtering sounds great!

Belden