[oak perl] Instant Talks

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Nov 13 19:26:12 CST 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 4:37 pm, Belden Lyman wrote:
> George Woolley wrote:
> > I'd like to try having a place in our meetings for very short talks,
> > including "Instant Talks".
> > Anyone have other names for Instant talks?
> > e.g. "Hello World Talks".
>
> "Lightning Talks" is a Perl-community phrase for these
> types of rapid lectures. Good-natured heckling is not
> unknown during lightning talks.
>
> Or we could coin a neologism; blurps sounds good to me.
> It gets across the idea of a blurb, maybe some blabbing,
> and a mental *burp*.
>
> Belden

Yeah, I've read about "Lightning Talks", though I've never heard one.
Given that it's already in use in the community,
how about we use that as the agenda item.
Given that it's fun to make up names
and perhaps will encourage us not to feel restricted,
how about we continue to make up names within the category.

What name fits your talk well.
Is it a blurp? Or what?

  -- George