[oak perl] howdy

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Tue Nov 12 20:55:22 CST 2002

Belden,
Yeah, to bad about Belden, Inc. getting belden.com before you did.
Oh, well!

Sounds like you're getting a good opportunity to play with Perl.
How did you get involved with Perl?

Is there any subject you'd be willing to talk on briefly
at a meeting?
A tool you developed, a technique you like to use or whatever?
Hm. How about Parse::RecDescent or POE
(which you indicate you're trying to learn)?

I'm glad you discovered Oakland.pm too.
I'm not aware of any other Perl Mongers' groups in the East Bay
besides Berkeley and Oakland.
If at some point you wish to start an Emeryville.pm, I believe that's open.
And Perl Mongers will supply web space and a mailing list.
By the way, how did you find out about this group?
(We're not on Perl Mongers' North America list yet.)

Re having a participant profile, as you suggest, maybe later.
Works for me.

   -- George