[oak perl] Meeting? Lightning Talk?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu Dec 5 23:58:26 CST 2002

Jennifer,
No need to give a lightning talk. That works for me.

Does your response mean you plan to come to the meeting on Tuesday?

My own plan is to give 5 lightning talks in 5 minutes including Q & A.
One of my aims is to have anyone
who thinks they aren't ready to give one say:
"Those are lightning talks?! I can do that."
(Hey, it's not my only aim.)
If I'm successful, perhaps you'll give one in January or February. :-)
But only if it pleases you.

At our January meeting Belden Lyman will be speaking on
     "Using OO Modules: Comparing Functional and Object-Oriented Interfaces"
Hope that interests you a little.

Based on the feedback I got earlier,
I invited Dan Meriwether to speak at our February meeting
on any one of the four topics he suggested
and to keep it "loose and happy".
One of the four topics was OO Perl.
I have no idea which topic Dan will choose.

I believe there's a lot of interest in OO in our group.
I expect we'll come back to it many times.

Do you have any interest in the Perl Basics Mailing List?

Best wishes,
George