[oak perl] Perl scripts.....

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Sun Dec 1 13:39:13 CST 2002

Mike,
Hm, put them to sleep. I suppose that would be a possibility.
My thought is this.
I imagine the talk itself will take about one minute.
Some people may find this simple idea interesting.
Some might find it amusing.
(In my case, I find it both. And practical too.)
If no one finds it engaging, likely there will be no questions.
To me one of the beauty's of lightning talks is
there is little risk for either the speaker or the audience.

I also think that there may be more interest
here than you think.
I agree that the script is simple.
But there may well be thoughts on the code anyway.
Then there's what has to be set up on the mail side.
I believe you'll have questions immediately or after the meeting.
(I expect to have some.)
And again even if noone finds the talk interesting,
there's been little loss.

I also think it's good to have as many people talking as possible.
Then again, perhaps you have a lightning talk you'd prefer to give.
   --- George

P.S. I greatly enjoy the idea of someone
putting the group to sleep with a lightning talk.