[Nottingham-pm] tied filehandle - how to get the filehandle from the PRINT method?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 05:47:19 PST 2006

Hi all,

I often use tie to direct STDOUT and STDERR to a Tk::Text box (this is a built
in feature of Tk::Text). I'd like to alter STDERR output to make it more
noticeable so I've derived from Tk::Text and overridden PRINT but now I need
to know which filehandle I'm PRINTing to!

I scanned perltie but nothing stood out - any ideas out there?

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
He is the best of men who dislikes power.
		-- Mohammed