[Nottingham-pm] Friday afternoon bullet points

nottingham-pm at mail.pm.org nottingham-pm at mail.pm.org
Fri Feb 20 14:56:00 CST 2004

nottingham-pm at mail.pm.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 20 Feb 2004, at 15:39, nottingham-pm at mail.pm.org wrote:
>
>> * Continued problems with the website (not my fault - honest!) -- shall
>> wrestle with it over the weekend

> Well, probably a few of us (and certainly many on the LUG list) could
> help with that, if you say what the problems are.

Thanks for the offer, but I doubt it - the problem's definitely at the
pm.org end and outside my control.

> I'd look at the web site, but I really hate the idea of shoving stuff
> into /etc/hosts, so I'll just wait for the DNS servers to update.

I wouldn't worry about it until things have been looked at by the pm.org
admins -- the IP automatically allocated to nottingham.pm.org is the
same as the existing www.pm.org - this leads me the believe there is a
problem in their freeweb automation (perhaps caused by the fact that a
previously unknown but existing nottingham perlmongers group was set up
some time ago!)

> Jim

BTW: Jim, you'll have to post from the address you registered with
(pm at rjimlad.org.uk) to avoid me having to manually authorize your posts :) .

Michael.