[Nottingham-pm] First Post: Welcome

nottingham-pm at mail.pm.org nottingham-pm at mail.pm.org
Wed Feb 18 04:17:01 CST 2004

Hi,

Welcome to the first post of the first thread of the Nottingham Perl
Mongers mailing list.

Y'know, this is something I've been meaning to do for some time - I love
blabbing about Perl and I think its time I found my voice in a local
setting. My previous blabbings have been located on ActiveState's
Perl-Win32 mailing lists and more recently on PerlMonks but I have
tended to keep a low profile. Here, I hope to make some noise and
shamelessly seek attention.

But first, let's get down to practicalities: there's a website to be
assembled and announcements to make. My workplace security arrangements
don't allow for SSH connections through the firewall (I know!) so I'll
be building the site from home. Initially, I'll be letting our good
friends the Nottingham GNU/Linux Users Group know about our birth and I
imagine there'll be a fair bit of cross-talk which should be fun.

I'll add to this later - I've got a deadline to meet so its on with the
hacking.

Byeeee,

Michael.

Michael Erskine
Senior Software Engineer
Jasmin Simtec Limited

A.W. Graham and M.A. Halley of KPMG were appointed Joint Administrative
Receivers of Jasmin Plc and Joint Administrators of Jasmin Simtec
Limited and Jasmin Controls Limited on 29th January 2004.