[HRPM] Well...umm....gee...uhh...

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Wed Jan 31 21:41:19 CST 2001

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Collin Cusce' wrote:

> You have no idea how truly sorry I am for not being at the lab to let
> you guys in. I really totally forgot it was tonight until I read my
> email at home five mins ago. I am at a loss for words, I have no
> excuse. It just left my mind and...well..that's pretty much it. Gosh,
> I was sooo worried I would forget for two weeks, and then what
> happens....I don't think I am going to be able to convey how
> disappointed I am in myself for dropping the ball via email. This is
> rather embarrassing for me and I'm sure was a quite unnerving for you
> all. I hope you were able to find another place to meet or were not in
> too much of a state of disarray.......I'm so sorry. Here's a piece of
> irony...normally I work strictly with ColdFusion, but for the last
> month and a half I have been doing Perl. Before school today, all I
> did was hack Perl, and yet for some reason, the meeting never even
> came to mind. BAH!! This is quite frustrating...now I'm thinking I
> might not be worthy, but it's up to you. I'll do my best to keep
> reminders around me to try and make sure this doesn't happen again.
> I'm not speaking metaphorically when I say "I hang my head in shame."

I took the attitude "hopefully we won't get thrown out" and, mercifully we
didn't.  It all worked out.  We had eight people attending.  Jeff gave a
good talk on module creation.  And it looks like I may have speakers for
the next two months!  This year may not suck after all.

For those that DID show up, if you're willing to be included in a list of
attendees for this month, please drop me a note.  I'm going to try to get
a better archive of meetings maintained for this year.  :-)

--
</chris>

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to buy Microsoft products.