[HRPM] Christina's question

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Fri Sep 29 03:39:42 CDT 2000

You probably don't want perl 5.6 installed.  Many have experienced dbm and
DBI problems with 5.6.  I've seen CPAN.pm installing 5.6 and had to kill
it on a couple of occasions.  That's probably because there are some base
modules that are revised in 5.6.  I don't know if there's a better answer,
but you probably want to blow away everything perl related on the box,
reinstall the stock rpm's and hit ctrl-c before CPAN starts installing 5.6
next time.  CPAN.pm shouldn't behave the way it does, but I haven't had a
chance to come up with a good solution.

--
</chris>

What if this weren't a hypothetical question?