[HRPM] Re: [twuug] Learning Perl

Terry bader at cs.odu.edu
Thu Mar 16 00:06:01 CST 2000

Hello All, first time I've posted here so be kind and gentle.  I hope to
make this meeting on the 30th, but might have to miss it due to prior
engagements.

Anyway, on the subject of books and reference materials. I have the full
O'reilly reference library online at http://www.cs.odu.edu/~bader/books/
furthermore the TAR file can be found at
http://www.cs.odu.edu/~bader/books.tar if you want to unpack it on your
local machine or network.

However, O'reilly is not my first choice in learning Perl.  In my opinion
there are two bibles needed 1) Perl: Interactive Course, aka the purple
book and 2) Perl: The Complete Reference. This does not include perl.com,
perljournal.com and a multitude of other sites dedicated to perl.

Well, thats my 2 cents, if anyone knows of a business or group that is
hiring in the local area, please let me know.  Now seeking employment. And
a good party! (hehe)

Terry Bader
Old Dominion University, Computer Science Dept
bader at cs.odu.edu	icq: 5202487
work:(757)683-5871	pager:(757)326-2003A