[HRPM] HRPM Meeting Announcement

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Fri Jul 21 21:38:48 CDT 2000

[This is obviously a gratuitous wrip-off of TWUUG's format.  Thank you.]

 Pass the word on for the next Hampton Roads Perl Mongers meeting:

 What:         The monthly Hampton Roads Perl Mongers Meeting
               http://norfolk.pm.org/

 Who:          Everyone in Hampton Roads interested in perl.  There are
               no dues or signup requirements.  All are welcome to attend.

 Where:        The meeting alternates between Chesapeake and Newport News.
               July's meeting will be at the Jefferson Lab in Newport
               News.  Directions on the web and below.

 When:         7:30 PM till whenever on Wednesday 26 July

 Why:          Why not?  What could be better than to come and talk with
               others about the world's most fun programming language?
               Jabber, learn, teach, enjoy.

 Agenda:       Whatever people on the HRPM mailing list decide!
               Various people who do perl rather often will be
               there to answer your perl questions.  Some expected
               topics are on the site.

 Directions:   http://norfolk.pm.org/location.shtml

       for more information call (757) 269-7100

       from Washington, D.C.
             take I-95 south toward Richmond
             near Richmond take I-295 south to
             I-64 east to Newport News
             take exit 255A (Jefferson Ave)

       from Norfolk/Virginia Beach
             take I-64 west toward Richmond
             take exit 255A (Jefferson Ave)

       on Jefferson Ave. go to the 6th traffic light (1 mile)
       turn left onto Onnes Drive
       go to the end of the road
       turn right at the Onnes Drive/SURA Road junction
       check in at the guard shack

       the room is: CEBAF center, Jefferson Laboratory, rm. L104

       (since this is the first time we've done a meeting at JLab,
       we're basically winging it.  suggestions for better directions
       are appreciated.)

--
</chris>

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
                                                        - - C.A.R. Hoare