[HRPM] Meeting Information

Mark D Wolinski mark at mrmark.com
Mon Feb 14 13:37:45 CST 2000

Well, it's getting close to the meeting time again and we have to decide on
a meeting place...

Feb 24 at 7:30 p.m. is our next meeting date.

Jeff Duffy has mentioned that he as a meeting place off Greenbriar, if
everyone is okay with that give a hollar, or suggest another place to
consider.

Last meeting:

Ed Summers gave an informative introduction to XML and it's uses.  It was
pretty insightful for me since I've never had a clue about it's usefulness.
He left me some sample program which I'll upload to the web site soon.

Additionally, we discussed an idea of moving the group from a lecture
orientated one to a project orientated one in which as a group, we would
develop a project for the community, etc.  Each doing different parts, etc.
This gives each member a chance to learn by doing, etc.

As such, I proposed a Community site idea that I had developed for a
previous employeer (but they never used as far as I could tell).  I'll post
my origional proposal to the web soon as well.  At the next meeting, we'd
certainly be open to other ideas for discussion as well.

Finally, Ed Summers has gone and left the group for the glories of New York
City.  Determined to become a contestant on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire,
he's getting a few phone lines installed in his house and is going to work
the contest.

Actually, he got a perl job with CheetahMail (www.cheetahmail.com), so I'm
sure we all wish him the best of luck.  And you all doubted me when I said
we HAD to do the XML lecture at the last meeting.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that....

Mark W