[HRPM] win perl

Jeff Duffy jduffy at semcor.com
Mon Apr 24 22:12:58 CDT 2000

RCT wrote:

> OK guys what is the trick to get Perl to run on a windows box
> Don't say install Unix this is a laptop that can be hidden from
> the boss so the learning of perl can be done at work and it's a
> machine that will not take Linux because of the strange configuration

 Okay, I won't say 'Install Unix' if you:

1) Take a breath.
2) Promise to send only text, non multipart email in the future :)

 Anyway,
   There are two ways to get Perl on a Windows machine. The first and
easiest way is to download the ActiveState port of Perl to Win32, which
comes with the pretty GUI installer and so forth:

 http://www.activestate.com.

 Or you can use a precompiled binary:

http://people.netscape.com/kristian/nsPerl/

Jeff
--
Jeffrey A. Duffy
jduffy at semcor.com
perl -e 'print
pack"H*","4A6566662C20416E6F74686572205065726C204861636B65720A"'