[HRPM] Is dbmopen different in Perl 5.6.0?

Mike Patten mpatten at exis.net
Wed Apr 19 18:59:08 CDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Mark D Wolinski wrote:

> While I'm not sure if it's related, I tested upgrading to 5.6 with my system
> and found it did not like the DB_File I was using, croaked left and right
> over my database called (using Tie).
>
> So...

I don't know whether it's related, either.  I do know that Perl 5.6.0
comes with its own DB_File module.  I also looked over the source again
and in the middle of the program is a line that says,
"require DB_File; DB_File->import();".  I've looked at the DB_File perldoc
but didn't find anything in there about an import method but all the
examples said "use DB_File" so I look but didn't find a DB_File.pl; only
DB_File.pm.

I'm still scratching my head...

--
Mike Patten <mpatten at exis.net>