[HRPM] Is dbmopen different in Perl 5.6.0?

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Tue Apr 18 12:10:44 CDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Mike Patten wrote:
> 45. $HISTORY = $opt_database || "$dotdir/.netscape/history.db";

If I recall correctly , the dbm subsystem adds the extension itself.  Try
it without the '.db'.

>  can't dbmopen /home/mpatten/.netscape/history.db: File exists at
>  /home/mpatten/bin/ggh line 48.

Is Netscape open at the time?  You may be getting 'file exists' since it's
open by Netscape.

> I recently upgraded from 5.005 to 5.6.0, is dbmopen different?

Do you have an old perl binary lieing around you can try?  Are you sure
your modules are up to date?  Did it pass all the tests?  The 5.6.0
release notes indicate that dbm does fail on some non-x86 architectures.
But the odds of tripping over that bug seem rather remote.

--
</chris>

Q: Why did Bill Gates cross the road?
A: To avoid the Department of Justice.