[niederrhein.pm] German Perl Workshop 2018 on 4-6 April in Bergisch Gladbach

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Fr Okt 20 05:40:36 PDT 2017

Dear Niederrhein Perl Mongers,

On April 4-6, 2018, some of the Niederrhein Perl
Mongers are organising the German Perl Workshop
2018 in Bergisch Gladbach. That is 20 km from
Köln / Cologne. The main organisers, two of our
fellow Niederrhein Perl Mongers, are Roland
Schmitz and Jens Rehsack, and they can use our help.

The best help he can get is when you register as attendee for the workshop:
http://act.yapc.eu/gp...­

If you want to do more than just being an
attendee, there are smaller and larger things you
can do. Also, as an organizer, you can get a
promotion code for cheaper attendance fee. See
for ticket prices: http://act.yapc.eu/gp...­

* Speaker: submit a proposal for a presentation.
When your talk is accepted, you can get a
promotion code for cheaper attendance fee.
* Timekeeping: sit in front of the room and use a
sign (we will print signs with "20-10-5-1 minute
left") to tell the speaker how much time is left.
* Help at the registration desk.
* Help as volunteer for filming the presentations
(more volunteers means less work for each volunteer).
* Help find sponsors. Maybe the company you work
for could be a good sponsor. You can ask
yourself, or you can give us the name of a
contact person, so that we can write a polite
email to. Maybe you know another company, or
institute, that would be a good sponsor. Maybe
you want to be part of the team that wants to find sponsors.
* Be a small sponsor yourself and pay a bit more than just the standard ticket.
* Website development.
* Communications: news, mailinglist, press
releases. Or just mention the event on your
Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn, local Perl Mongers group.
* Help us clean up the room.
* Anything else that can come up.

Please let us know if you want to help us and what you like to do. Thank you.

If you just want to be an attendee, that is fine
of course. The German Perl Workshop is always
interesting, ever since the first time it was
held in 1999. If all goes well, there will be
over 100 attendees, and of course we hope for at least 150.

Help us to spread the message. Thank you. We look
forward to see you at this wonderful event.

Kind regards,

Wendy van Dijk