[Nh-pm] Perl 5.6 ?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Mar 22 09:51:09 PST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 10:23, <paul.cour1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Yes, I understand that O-O perl readily
> applies itself to about any design paradigm,
> but I wondered if lots of folks are jumping onto
> O-O perl for specific reasons or types of
> applications, or is it a natural progression
> that drives interest in O-O perl?

For me it's the confluence of liking OO programming and liking perl.

I can't imagine going back to doing purely functional programming.  I
learned OO on C++, really got it with Java and prefer to write it in
perl, though Ruby is on my list.

I used Damian Conway's _Object Oriented Perl_ to learn.  Heck, it's
mostly dusty so if you're up my way you're welcome to borrow it for a
while.

-Bill
-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle