[Nh-pm] How to save complete web page not just text?

James Kellndorfer jameskel at adelphia.net
Thu Jun 23 07:40:36 PDT 2005

I'm trying to "web fetch" an entire web page to a Linux machine using perl or some other scripting code .

I can successfully retrieve a webpage using wget and LWP::simple. However these only retrieve the text portion of the webpage (HTML and innertext).

Even if the graphics option is enabled using wget, it still won't retrieve an entire webpage. Javascripts and other tags are not downloaded.

Windows has the .mht "single file" format, is their a PERL equivalent, or a way to use firefox/linux to create to do this?