[Nh-pm] Sending mail, setting From

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Mon Jun 9 12:00:16 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the Mail::Internet package, and not
succeeding for some reason.  I've figured out Mail::Send, but I need
the From: header to be set to something other than the invoking
user's e-mail address (since the invoking user will ultimately be a
web form running as www-data, aka, apache :)

Mail:Send for some reason doesn't allow you to set the From header.
I've tried, and it seems to work, but when the mail is recieved, it
doesn't have the From addr I set.

Does anyone have a quick example of doing this with Mail::Internet or
some other module?

(I know I've done this in the past, but I don't seem to have that
code here at work :(

Thanks,

--

Seeya,