[Nh-pm] Help with Exporter?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jan 28 15:15:23 CST 2003

Hi all,

Anyone familiar with creating modules?   I've got a module I've
created, which currently exports a single function.  This works just
fine.  However, I now want to export certain variables set within the
module so I can use them within the program calling the module, and
that's not working.  I'm quite sure I don't adequately grok the
Exporter function :)

Here's what I have so far:

    package Foo;
    use 5.008;
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use CGI qw/:all/;

    require Exporter;

    our @ISA = qw(Exporter);

    our %EXPORT_TAGS = \
      ('all'=> [qw(&print_header_table $TEXT $BGCOLOR $LINK $VLINK $ALINK)]);

    our @EXPORT_OK = ( @{ $EXPORT_TAGS{'all'} } );

    our @EXPORT = qw(print_header_table $TEXT $BGCOLOR $LINK $VLINK $ALINK);

    our $VERSION = '0.02';

    # WWW vars
    my ($TEXT)	= "#FFFFBB";
    my ($BGCOLOR)	= "#000000";
    my ($LINK)	= "#FFFFBB";
    my ($VLINK)	= "#00bbff";
    my ($ALINK)	= "#FF0000";

    sub print_header_table {

    # a bunch of working code

    }

The call to print_header_table() from my perl program works just fine.  Yet
I can't seem to access the scalars (listed under the section # WWW Vars).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,