[Nh-pm] Hash Persistence?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Apr 17 12:35:04 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a module which creates a rather large hash table.  The values
of this hash are also hashes.  I'm looking for a way to create
a persistent store for this Hash of hashes, any ideas?

One thought I had was Mark Jason Dominus' Memoize.pm, but that
doesn't seem to be quite right for this particular problem.

The other thought I had was storing each leaf hash as a separate db
file on disk, but that seems it would require almost as much disk
access as computing the entire hash to begin with, if not more.

The structure of my hash table is this:

	OneKey => \%atable ( subkey1 => value,
			     subkey2 => value,
			     etc.
		           ),
	TwoKey => \%btable ( subkey1 => value,
			     subkey2 => value,
			     etc.
		           ),
	etc.

Any ideas? (meanwhile, I'll be perusing CompSci and Perl Programming,
and The Perl Cookbook :)

Thanks,

--

Seeya,