[Nh-pm] quoting list keys & values

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Fri Aug 2 10:37:47 CDT 2002

Erik Price <erikprice at mac.com> writes:

>  But my confusion arose from the fact that even when
> using strict, hash keys are exempt from the requirement of being
> quoted strings.

This is something that you're just going to have to accept.  A
<while ago>, the Perl developers decided that hash keys (and a lot of
other things...) would automatically be stringified.  But they still
wanted to encourage people to quote their own strings; thus the
warnings that you (sometimes) see.

(actually, this had to do with introducing OO abstractions into Perl's
code)

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)