[Nh-pm] Perl Monger's Meeting Place (potential)

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Fri Aug 2 09:27:57 CDT 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Mark Polhamus wrote:
> Here's another vote for Manchester, I'm getting tired of driving back to the
> border from the Lakes Region for just about every NH user group meeting.
>
> Why does everything have to be in Nashua? -- that's not really NH, its a piece
> of Massachusetts that spilled over the state line ;) <-- disarming smiley

Not sure if you were kidding around, but you're actually absolutely
correct:)  My fiancee discovered this when we first moved here:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nhcnashu/nashua_history.htm

Nashua was originally part of the town of Dunstable, Massachusetts, which
also included not only parts of what is now Dunstable, MA., but also
Tyngsborough, MA., parts of Hudson, Hollis, Milford, Brookline, and of
course Nashua, NH.

Chartered in 1673, the township of Dunstable, was founded by Jonathan
Tyng, whose frame house overlooked the Merrimack River, in the section of
the town which now bears his name.

His father, Edward, from Dunstable, England, had given him 3,000 acres
some time around 1668, which Jonathan Tyng named Dunstable.

--

An overcrowded chicken farm produces fewer eggs.