[Neworleans-pm] Windows & .Net

John Souvestre johns at sstar.com
Fri Jun 8 15:37:17 PDT 2012

Hi.

I'd like to post a question.

The other day I wanted to call a .Net method from Perl (Strawberry Perl on
Windows 7).  I didn't see an easy way.  I understand that Active State has
out an interface but it is part of their package.

I have used the Win32 and Win32::API modules for various misc things.  I
understand that Win32::OLE does well for OLE interfacing.  I'm surprised
that there isn't a generic .Net module too.

Am I silly to be using Strawberry instead of Active State?  About half of
what I do is for Windows (more, recently) and the other half for Linux.  I
prefer the command line interface as I have an editor I'm comfortable with.

I did try Active State a few years ago when I was just starting with Perl.
I don't believe that you could use CPAN modules then, only theirs.  But I
understand that they have opened that up.

John

    John Souvestre - New Orleans LA - (504) 454-0899