APM: Meeting

Will Emigh wgemigh at pop-in.ncsu.edu
Wed Mar 26 23:09:07 CST 2003

Hey, guys.

I've put up my notes and two sample programs from my talk on embedding Java
in Perl.  If you're interested in the subject but couldn't make it, you
should be able to get things rolling just using those.  You're also welcome
to e-mail me if you have questions.

The April meeting will be next week.  Some people have had schedule
conflicts with the Wednesday meetings, so I'm going to try and change the
meeting date.  It will be either Monday, Wendesday, or Thursday at 7:30 in
the normal place (Withers 402A).  I'll send another e-mail out when I know
for sure if the room is available on other nights.  Brian Ferris will be
talking about Object Oriented Perl and try/catch statements.  It should be
very cool.

Also, we need new officers for the Fall.  If you're interested in being an
officer or learning more about the positions, please e-mail me.  There are
four positions, and none of them require much knowledge of Perl nor a large
time committment, so there are plenty of opportunities to get involved.

See you next week!
-- Will