APM: NCSU.pm plans (what happened on 17 Oct)

John Borwick jhborwic at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 19 11:42:01 CDT 2001

Hey, everybody.

We will have a meeting sometime the week of October 31, just not on
Halloween itself.  We'll talk about Perl Mongers and a little bit about
the basics and not-so-basics of CPAN, like how to download modules using
CPAN and what to do to become a CPAN author.  This meeting will be widely
advertised as an introductory meeting for new members, but we're trying to
cater to everybody.

There will be meetings on November 14th and November 28th, each at 7 PM.
We're going to have a more "official" lecture-style meeting on HTML::Mason
on the 14th.  The 28th will be less formal, but we'll still have a short
talk about the differences between Perl versions 5.005, 5.6, 5.6.1, and 6
(insofar as the Apocalypse is known).

Are you interested in being an officer?  You're just responsible for
making sure that meetings are run.  Here are some of the potentially
available offices:
 * President
 * Vice-President
 * Treasurer
 * Secretary

Let me know if you're interested.  We'll also be giving titles to people
who speak and who have spoken, so you can call yourself "Lecturer" at
least.

Thanks to Dave Lawrence for being our webmaster!

If you're interested in code development, Brian Ferris is working on the
intial stages of a development team/project pairing where we get a list of
Perl projects around campus and match them up with our group so that
people can maintain/hone their Perl skillz.

Yours,
John Borwick
NCSU.pm President