[Nashville-pm] Server Side SOAP::Lite

Paul Boniol CompuPaul at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 16 02:11:58 PST 2006

Sorry for the cross-posting for those on NLUG too.

I know there's not much data normally passed to the server, but I'm
curious.  If you use SOAP::Data->name to send data, then you are sending
a name that is associated with the value.

What I have seen, the Perl SOAP::Lite server side normally just uses @_
to get the values.  But there is no name that comes with it.

Is there a way to reference the data by name?

I've seen small examples involving envelope to access the headders, it
may be able to access the data too, but I haven't seen any examples of
how to use it that way...  Another thought was that perhaps in the cgi
(the server part that calls the module) I could use something other than
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI that would pass in the value's names as well?
  I haven't looked into SOAP::Transport::HTTP options much.  Again, I
haven't found many examples.

Thanks,
Paul