perl class 2000

Ralph Mellor ralph at dimp.com
Mon Jun 5 22:35:33 CDT 2000

"Robert L. Huffstedtler" wrote:

> Just a reminder that class starts tomorrow in room 206 at ye olde MRB.
> Good luck getting to the room.

yes, allow plenty of time to wander around the construction detours
aimlessly trying to find it. trust me, i did just that last week,
and i *know* where the room is!

apparently rob goes to a place before hand so u might want to meet
there. rob says:

"For what it's worth I will be continuing my tradition of going to Mr.
Kim's
for supper prior to class.  He has the best sushi in town.  For those of
lest discriminating tastes (or more depending on one's point of view) he
also has a variety of food which has been passed through the fire.  I will
probably get there around 5:30 to 5:45.  Everyone is welcome to join me for
food and conversation.

It is on Elliston place, pretty much right next to Obie's Pizza, across
from Rosko's, etc.  Or you could think of it as being behind the huge
sandstone methodist church on West End."

> Please do the preparation prior to coming to class:
>
> http://www.linuxuniversity.org/dev_track/perl-class/week1/week1prep.html

Rob may shoot me for saying this but i recommend that ppl don't buy
the Camel 2nd Edition if they haven't already got it as the 3rd edition
is due out in a week or two.

i further recommend to anybody installing perl that they install 5.005,
not 5.6, as the latter has some wrinkles in it.

finally, plz do not fail to do the prep. in general, u will get much
greater benefit from this class if u do the assignments, and this
first one is both essential and very basic.

c u there...

--
Ralph Mellor: http://www.dimp.com/ralphmellor.html   615.292.2917 x2
If I had my life over, I'd believe in reincarnation.   icq# 71194896