[Munich-pm] <Rant> Warning to long haired programmers in Munich

Harald Jörg Harald.Joerg at arcor.de
Wed Jul 18 17:47:16 PDT 2012

Robin Clarke <robin at robinclarke.net> writes:

> Being long haired is a bulls-eye for the police in Bavaria.  As is common
> knowledge, all the best programmers carry long hair (with some exceptions -
> Steve ;-P).  Unfortunately it seems that travelling with long hair in Bavaria
> is dangerous.  Please warn any programmers planning on coming to/through Munich
> airport to beware.  Perhaps wrapping their hair in a turban and applying fake
> tan to their face may be a good disguise for safety these days.
>
> http://www.robinclarke.net/archives/harassment-by-munich-police

This is a scary, sad story.  I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm travelling quite a lot these days, and occasionally per plane, and
I can't claim that I am short haired right now.  So far I've been lucky.

So, thanks for the warning.

On the other hand, I'd prefer not to use a turban (and I'll definitely
not carry a skull cap).  Guys, if you really think this is good advice
then you urgently need to reduce your TV consumption.  This isn't a
sitcom.

Anyway: I just decided that I'm not going to have a haircut.  I don't
want to jeopardize my coding skills (or to change my style of life)
because policemen make mistakes.
--
No cheers today,
haj