[Mpls-pm] Contract - Perl Developer
matt.peters at beiservices.com
Fri Jun 1 13:49:33 PDT 2012
BEI Services, Inc, the document management industry's leader in benchmarking and reporting, has an immediate opening for :
"Perl Developer - Telecommute"
As a perl developer, you will be a key contributor to the continued technical advancement of BEI Services, Inc. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, easily grasp new concepts, excel at working independently, and posses a desire for personal growth as an integral asset of the company.
This is a `contract` position; period of contract is 9-12 months. (Contract may renew or position may be migrated towards full-time employment in the future.)
Responsibilities (included but not limited to) :
- Learn, maintain and support existing web system (perl-cgi, w/dbi & templates)
- Assist in the design and development of replacement web system (Catalyst, DBIx::Class)
- Learn and assist in `backend` system development and maintenance (ETL,Datawarehousing,BI,etc)
- Work independently or as part of a team, on large and small scale projects
- Web technology research
- 3rd party app support (some php, mysql)
The ideal candidate must be an English speaking, U.S. Citizen and posses a 2-4 year degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and reside in the Twin Cities metro area.*
This self motivated team player will also possess the following skill sets :
- Object oriented programming methodologies
- SQL proficiency, preferably in MySQL and or Postgres.
- Knowledge of subversion or git
- Familiarity with LAMP Environment
Preferred Qualifications :
-- Mathematics / Statistics background
-- Familiarity with other dynamic programming languages (perl,php,python), MVC frameworks / methodologies and *nix systems
-- Familiarity with RESTful architecture (HTTP, HATEOS,etc)
Applicants, please email cover letter and resume to : jobs at beiservices.com, attn: Matt Peters
BEI Services, Inc :
We are the world's only source of copier and service department benchmarking. We track every service call that occurs on over 2 million plus copiers worldwide. Our technician compensation program is widely accepted as the most comprehensive and flexible in the industry, with more than 2800 technicians currently being compensated using this program.
* no relocation offered, proximity to Twin Cities is required for training purposes
More information about the Mpls-pm