[Mpls-pm] Food for Thought, on Perl in the Minneapolis marketplace..

Gypsy Rogers gypsy at freeq.com
Thu Oct 22 10:07:07 PDT 2009

7 years ago the same guy who would go for $25k right now would go for $40k.

It is all supply and demand.

But, I was just trying to give you a different perspective based on my own
experience.

I know I can put a request out for a low end php guy in that price range and
get more resume's then I have time to sort though, many with a degree
(because a lot of fresh grads are delivering pizza for a living right now
for less then that), but it's not the same for perl.

I'm sure you can discount this perspective and shove your nose in the air
and say "yeah, well, we are better, and no-one you can hire at that rate
would have half a brain" but that exact attitude is what is killing perl.