[Mpls-pm] Food for Thought, on Perl in the Minneapolis marketplace..

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Wed Oct 21 21:03:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Nicholas Melnick wrote:

> Minneapolis isn't fantastic, but it's okay. Software jobs are out there, but
> the number of positions with the word 'Perl' in it dwindles daily. Budgets

What do you base this latter assertion on?

Jobs where Perl is the primary skill needed have always been relatively
few compared to things like C, C++, and Java. Are you asserting that there
are now significantly less Perl jobs in the past?

I hear people say stuff like this, but whenever I'm seen any research on
job numbers Perl seems to do ok.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)