[Mpls-pm] Food for Thought, on Perl in the Minneapolis marketplace..

Nicholas Melnick nick-list at dytara.com
Wed Oct 21 13:25:55 PDT 2009

Good afternoon, everyone.

Something to throw out there on this Wednesday afternoon. The job
market in Minneapolis isn't fantastic, but it's okay. Software jobs
are out there, but the number of positions with the word 'Perl' in it
dwindles daily. Budgets are going to be redone for the new year, and
new jobs are going to open up as our economy is improving and
confidence starts to lift up.

How do we make sure "Perl" ends up on those job requirements? What can
we, as developers, Perl users, and Minneapolis.pm do to evangelize and
market Perl to this region?

Curious if anyone has been thinking about the same.

  - Nick