[Mpls-pm] Perl Software Engineer Opening
bpphillips at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 06:54:39 PST 2009
Hello Fellow Mongers,
Digital River currently has a full-time opening for a Perl programmer. I've
pasted the job posting below. The platform you'd be working on is all OO
Perl and while this specific platform isn't yet using
Moose/Catalyst/DBIx::Class toolset yet, we're planning to begin using this
set of tools in the near future (one Perl platform here at DR is already
using that for all new development). Please feel free to send me your
resume off-list (bpphillips at gmail.com).
I look forward to hearing from you.
Technical Development Manager
Digital River, Inc
Perl Software Engineer (Eden Prairie, MN)
The position is for a software engineer to perform web application software
development within a growing E-Commerce web application system. The
candidate will need to be able to quickly become proficient in this existing
system. The candidate must be able to proceed with loosely defined
requirements and be adaptable to changes while implementing solutions. The
candidate should be able to consistently follow existing patterns and
implement new ones when appropriate.
Digital River is looking for individuals that have an exemplary work ethic.
The candidate must show proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively
both independently and as a member of a team. The candidate must have
consummate time management and prioritization skills. Successful candidates
will have the "Get it Done Right" attitude.
• Implement projects in a timely manner, in conformance with coding
standards and in compliance with defined specifications
• Recognize and repair any deficiencies with applications, as well as
identify possible new features or enhancements
• Collaborate with the development manager, working closely with the
development, IT, project and product management teams
• 2-3 years experience developing large scale e-commerce applications.
• 2-3 years experience using the Perl programming language.
• Experience with Oracle a plus
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with different teams to clarify or gather requirements.
• Good organization skills
• Strong team contribution and interaction. Positive team member.
• 4 year degree Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent business
- Location: Eden Prairie, MN
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpls-pm