[Mpls-pm] [OT] Subversion Hosting Recommendations

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Thu Mar 26 19:11:37 PDT 2009

Lee Carmichael wrote on 3/26/09 8:56 PM:
> Hey Peter and Chris,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I thought the google code stuff was only for open source projects. I can't find anything in their docs to suggestion other uses. I need it for client software and sites. Stuff that isn't for everyone eyes until its released :)
>
> When I mean secure, all access must require user authentication and ssl.

yes, google code is for foss.

It's not hard to host your own svn server, ime. It's just a dozen lines in an
apache config file. I set it up at the U and we do hosting for all our users
(100s of groups) in a single repository. We manage the authz file by generating
it out of LDAP and doing all the authn against LDAP.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com