[Mpls-pm] Perl opportunities
Lorie at upnorthconsulting.com
Wed Jan 28 12:29:53 PST 2009
Can this be distributed to the members?
I have a client in the Twin Cities area looking for some Sr. Software Engineers (they are also looking for some Jr level people also). The detail is below, this is a contract opportunity for 12+ months, start date can be immediate. Let me know if you are interested in this opportunity.
Sr Software Engineer
The qualified individual will be part of a team developing fixed income information and analytics products. The team is responsible for enabling the core infrastructure for fixed income reference data, used by internal and external content clients worldwide. Successful applicant will be responsible for the design, implementation, QA, documentation, production release, and ongoing support and maintenance of systems consisting of web applications, automated processes and databases.
Department takes data feeds into Sybase (Data Sculpt Select). The department helps determine whether trading partners are allowed to trade with due to new terrorist acts. The associate would be responsible for new feeds, enhancements and support (maintenance). The environment is UNIX, autosys and programming language is Perl. Manager prefers at least 2+ years experience overall. Skill sets ranked: 1)Perl 2)SQL 3) UNIX. XML is VERY nice to have. Autosys is nice to have as well but can be learned on the job. Other technical skills that are very useful: Web and application server experience.
* Demonstrated experience in all phases from design to release of production systems
* Strong analytic thinking skills.
* Familiarity with agile development techniques beneficial
* Related degrees: Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
* Required languages: 7+ years programming in C, C++ or Perl; SQL (any variant)
* Required products: 7+ years experience with UNIX or Linux variant
* Optional languages: XML(BIG plus!), HTML, Java, Python, Ruby
* Optional products: Sybase SQL Server(big plus), Apache, modperl, Mason, CGI, Autosys(good plus but is trainable), Bugzilla, Wiki, CVS
**A Senior candidate would have a majority of the optional skills listed above versus a Junior might have 2/3.
lorie at upnorthconsulting.com<mailto:lorie at upnorthconsulting.com>
OFFICE: 952-224-8656 x204
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpls-pm