[Mpls-pm] Web Programmer - Full Time at University of Minnesota

Timothy Roman roman029 at umn.edu
Mon Aug 3 09:48:45 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to thank everyone on the MPLS Perl Mongers mailing list for all
of the responses to the project work I posted last week.

We now have a full time position opening up, and I would love you all to
take a look at it. I'm planning on taking applications for two weeks,
then doing interviews before the semester starts in September. Our
office is on the St. Paul UM campus. Interested parties must apply via
the UM application link; I can't take resumes directly for this position
via email. Salary dependent on qualifications. UM Job Code is 8635 Info
Tech Prof, for those of you familiar with UM classifications.

Thank you!

Web Programmer - UM College of Continuing Education - UM St. Paul Campus

Required Qualifications:
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, OR a combination of
education and relevant work experience. Professional work experience
using AJAX (XML/HTML/CSS/JavaScript/DOM), Perl (or equivalent), SQL,
Flash/Actionscript, and Adobe Creative Suite to build web-based user
interactions.

Preferred Qualifications:
Familiarity with enterprise web content management systems and
enterprise learning management systems. Professional experience
designing learning objects/interactions for online and technology
enhanced courses for credit and non-credit audiences. Experience with
prototype development, accessibility design, agile programming
methodologies, usability testing, and information architecture.

Duties/Responsibilities:
This position provides the programming and development function for web
interfaces and instructional technologies within the College of
Continuing Education's New Media Group (CCE-NMG). Responsibilities
include the design, development, and programming of interfaces and
middleware to support CCE-NMG web technology projects, and the design,
development, and programming of learning objects to support online
course development.

Provide information technology creativity and development required to
develop useful and inspiring user interactions. These interactions will
enhance the College's ability to extend and promote the knowledge
resources and academic excellence of the University of Minnesota to a
diverse community of learners and organizations.

Duties include rapid prototype development, design for accessibility and
usability, pair programming and agile methodology, quality
assurance/testing, stakeholder communication and presentation,
continuous process improvement, and integration of production-ready code
with enterprise content management systems. Familiarity with Oracle
Enterprise Web Content Management and IDoc Script is a plus.

Specific duties for learning object development include: course
goals/materials assessment, communication and planning with
instructional designers, and building of re-usable learning objects.

Perform other related duties as assigned.

Qualified candidates must submit the following:
-Letter of Application
-Complete Resume
-Three References with names, addresses, and phone numbers

The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons
shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment
without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or
sexual orientation.

Link to online application:
http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81866

--
*Timothy Roman*
New Media Director

*University of Minnesota - College of Continuing Education*
1890 Buford Avenue
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1890+Buford+Avenue%2CSaint+Paul%2C55108+MN&hl=en>
Saint Paul, 55108 MN
	*Work:* 612-625-1760