[Mpls-pm] hello

Dana Reed danareed at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 10:59:20 PDT 2008

Hi,

I just joined the mailing list after checking out the Frozen Perl 2009 web page.  I am interested in attending the workshop, and I also noticed that you may be looking for sponsors...(3M contacts were mentioned in an archived message)  Since I've just moved from the U of M to 3M, I thought I could look into having 3M be a sponsor of the conference (though I don't know how much pull a new employee would have)

Also, as an introduction I work in the 3M Corporate Analytical Lab doing mass spectrometry.  Currently I'm using Perl on Win32 to try and interface to a home-built instrument using a combination of software pipes, parallel and serial communications.  I'm using ActivePerl 5.8.8 and the Win32::Pipe, Win32::GUI Win32::Process, Device::ParallelPort modules.  My background in Perl before this, was mostly just messing around with using it to calculate and predict elemental compositions from the molecular weight.  I spent most of my non-mass spectrometry time at the U using Filemaker Pro to build a lab management and kiosk system for the department of chemistry.

Thanks,

Dana