[Mpls-pm] Parse Email

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Wed May 28 19:17:34 PDT 2008

Joe Stuart wrote:
> Hi,
> I have setup an email server to pass an email to a
> perl script. I am having a problem finding a module
> that will strip everything except the text that the
> user typed in the message body. I have been using
> Mail::Internet, but for example, when I send a message
> from outlook or Yahoo, a lot of extra text comes
> through. Here is what I am using

What sort of extra text? HTML markup around the text? Or actual text
that's been added? Outlook and Yahoo send HTML mail by default, I think.

I've tended to use modules in the Email:: namespace. The Perl Email
Project maintains a list of modules they recommend:
http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Category:PEPEndorsed

Ian