[Mpls-pm] Frozen Perl "promo" email

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon Jan 7 08:37:20 PST 2008

Below is some text promoting Frozen Perl (and mentioning the end of early
bird signups). I'd really, really appreciate it if everyone on this list
could forward it to whatever dev/sysadmin lists they have at work. I think
this is probably the best way for us to do advertising.

Even if you don't use too much Perl at work please send this out, since
there may be people interested in learning more about Perl, and we will
have a good beginner track at the workshop.

Thanks,

-dave

The early bird deadline for Frozen Perl 2008 is fast approaching. After
midnight Central on Saturday, January 12th, the rate for non-students will
double from $20 to $40.

Frozen Perl 2008 is a one-day Perl workshop happening on Saturday,
February 16th, with a great schedule of speakers. The theme is "Perl in
Practice", and there are a lot of great talks.

We have two tracks of talks. For folks new to Perl, there is a strong
slate of talks for beginners, including introductions to OOP, testing, and
more. For more experienced Perlers, there are talks on Moose, Catalyst,
and all sorts of interesting Perl wizardry.

Registration includes breakfast and lunch, and possibly a t-shirt, all for
the ridiculously cheap price of $20. If you're coming from out of town,
there is a group rate at the nearby Days Inn. There will also be an
all-day hackathon on Sunday, February 17th for the true geeks.

For more information, check out the website at
http://www.frozen-perl.org/. You can sign up online, so don't delay.

We hope to see you there.

Dave Rolsky
Frozen Perl 2008 Organizer