[Mpls-pm] Fw: Join us for MinneDemo on Dec 6!

Craig S. Wilson craig at wavefront.net
Thu Nov 29 13:41:18 PST 2007

Lee Carmichael wrote:
> For those interested. These are good events to see what young companies are doing in the cities.
>
> Too bad there aren't any demos from Perl companies. Is anyone doing cool startup stuff in TC anymore? Or is it only in NYC and CA?

At 11 Below, we are one cooler, and a startup (last couple years) so we qualify by default.

We use Perl on the backend of http://caps.fool.com to do all of the scoring, calculations, and database updates.  Lots
and lots of database updates.  Somewhere in the range of 7,000,000 database updates per hour, during market hours.

We also are working on a new site, that will be hitting private beta RSN.  Again, Perl doing the heavy lifting on the
backend.

The problems of demonstrating what we do are:

1. the Perl is on the backend. no flash or graphics.
2. we are too busy doing, to tell people what we are doing.

However, if you know of anyone looking to implement a community intelligence site using web services and a large back
end database, have them give me a call.

Craig S. Wilson   612-865-8794      cwilson at 11below.com
Yahoo! :  below11_craig                  AIM:       below11craig
MSN:      swrider at mnica.net           Skype:    swrider
Google:  below11craig at gmail.com