[Mpls-pm] MN Perl workshop?

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu May 10 17:28:52 PDT 2007

>From time to time, I've toyed with the idea of putting together a YAPC
bid. I haven't pursued it because it's a crazy amount of work. However, I
went to the Pittsburgh Perl Workshop last year, which was a one-day event
with two tracks. It went really well, and it seemed like a manageable
amount of work to organize. I'm sure I could get some info from the
Pittsburgh folks, like budgets, timelines, etc.

I was thinking of trying to organize a workshop in the winter, mostly
because then we can call it Frozen Perl ;)

The obvious first choice location would be the U of MN, but there might be
other places that would work (MCTC? Macalester?).

Is anyone interested in helping to plan this? Does anyone have any
contacts at school comp sci departments or student groups? At the U, this
gets us a huge discount on room rental fees (departments 50% off, student
groups 75% off!).

-dave